This web site (”Site”) allows you to access heath care related information provided by us and third parties. Tumblr helps operate this blog. For privacy information about Tumblr click here.
No Medical Advice
Health information on the Site is provided by us for informational purposes only. Nothing in this Site is to be interpreted as advocating the self management of your health or medical condition. It is not intended to serve as or be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should consult your medical provider directly regarding your health and any specific medical questions you may have. Do not delay seeking medical advice or disregard any medical advice you have received from your provider due to any content on the Site.
The content of the Site, including, without limitation, text, graphics, images and other material, including software developed and licensed by us, which permits the access and use of the Site (collectively the “Content”), is protected by intellectual property laws, including copyright laws. All right, title and interest in and to the Content remains vested in us and shall not pass to you or any other user.
Restrictions on Use
You may view or download copies of the material on the Site for your own personal, noncommercial use. You may not, and may not knowingly allow any third party to, (a) reverse-engineer, disassemble, decompile, reproduce, transcribe, translate into any language or computer language, re-transmit in any form by any means, resell, or redistribute the Content without our prior written consent, (b) reverse engineer or attempt to discover any underlying ideas, source code, processes, techniques, technology, design, formula, engineering, or algorithms of the Site, or (c) use the Site for commercial purposes or otherwise use or allow others to use the Site for the benefit of any third party.
The trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, and slogans contained in the Site are ours (each a “Mark” and collectively the “Marks”). You are not authorized to use any Mark in any advertisement, publicity or in any other commercial manner without our prior written consent.
The trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos and slogans contained in the Site that are not our Marks are the trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos and slogans of their respective owners. References that I make to any specific trade name, trademark, service mark, product, service or process of a third party do not necessarily constitute or imply our endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of the third party trade name, trademark, service mark, product, service or process, unless otherwise explicitly provided.
The Site and the content and information contained in the Site are for personal use only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors.
User Generated Content
By posting material on this site you acknowledge that it may be viewed by the public. The Site includes community areas, such as comment sections and discussion forums where users may post messages, images, and other content. Comments on this Site are moderated by Dr. McGonigal. I encourage you to notify me of inappropriate or illegal content and I reserve the right to remove postings for any reason.
Users must be courteous and respectful. You agree
that you will not threaten or verbally abuse other
users, use defamatory language or deliberately
disrupt discussions with repetitive messages,
meaningless messages or “spam.” You must not use any
language that abuses or discriminates on the basis
of race, religion nationality, gender, sexual
orientation, age, region, disability, etc.
By posting any material on the Site, you acknowledge that you own the copyright in that message, image, or other content you post, but by posting such content you grant me the right to use, copy, display, perform, distribute, translate, edit, and create derivative works of your postings.
You are solely responsible for the content of
your submissions. While comments on this Site are
moderated, I do not and cannot
review every comment and am not responsible for the
content of these messages. I reserve
the right to delete, move, or edit comments that it,
in its sole discretion, deems abusive, defamatory,
obscene, in violation of copyright or trademark law,
or otherwise unacceptable.
By posting any material on this site you acknowledge that you are age 18 or older.
You understand and agree not to use the Site to:
• Post content or initiate communications which are unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable.
• Use the Site for any illegal purpose, including but not limited to conspiring to violate laws.
• Falsely state, impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present.
• Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communications which include information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
• Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communication that infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights.
• Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to a) Using the Site to send messages to people who don’t know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact; b) Using the Site to connect to people who don’t know you and then sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission; and c) Sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases.
• Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
• Stalk or harass anyone.
• Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Site.
• Post content in fields that aren’t intended for that content. Example: Putting an address in a name or title field.
• Interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site.
Monitoring and Enforcement
While I have the right to monitor activity and content associated with the Site, I am not obligated to do so. And since I do not, and may not have the ability to, control or actively monitor content I don’t guarantee its accuracy, integrity or quality. Because community standards vary and individuals sometimes choose not to comply with our policies and practices, in the process of using our website, you may be exposed to content that you find offensive or objectionable. You can contact me to let me know of content that you find objectionable. I may investigate the complaints and violations of our policies that come to our attention and may take any action that I believe is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing the content or terminating accounts and/or subscriptions. However, because situations and interpretations vary, I also reserve the right not to take any action. Under no circumstances will I be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any content on the website.
Termination of Access
Links to Other Sites
The Site and Content may contain links to web sites operated by third parties. These links are provided solely for convenience and reference purposes only. The inclusion of any such link does not imply that I endorse the content of any web site to which the Site provides a link, nor am I liable for your reliance on or use of any information or materials contained in them.
While efforts have been made to keep the information and Content on the Site as accurate as possible, the information and Content may contain inaccuracies. Therefore, I do not guarantee the reliability, accuracy, completeness or appropriateness of any information or Content on the Site or make any representations about the results that may be obtained from the use of the information and/or Content on the Site. The use of the information and Content on the Site is at your own risk. The information and Content on the Site is provided AS IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND I DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall I be liable to anyone for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions with respect to the Site or the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof, for any damage arising thereof, or any results obtained from the use of the Site.
Governing Law and Forum for Disputes
The existence of the Site is not intended and should not be construed to mean that I am conducting business in all states of the United States of America, or that I consent to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state or federal courts in any state in the United States, except the State of Minnesota. Any claim or action arising directly or indirectly from the use of the Site shall be construed in all respects under the laws of the State of Minnesota, exclusive of its choice of law or conflict of laws provisions.
I respect the intellectual property rights of others and I prohibit users from uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting on this website or service any materials that violate another party’s intellectual property rights. When I receive proper Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement, I promptly remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and terminate the accounts of repeat infringers as described herein in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you believe that any material on the Site infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may send a written notification of such infringement to our Designated Agent.
Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement
To notify me of content that infringes your rights or is otherwise unlawful, please provide me with the following information:
• Your name, address, telephone number, and
• A description of the content that you claim either infringes your rights or is otherwise unlawful, specifying which portions of the content you believe infringes your rights, or are unlawful, and which parts you believe should be removed;
• A description of the exact location of the allegedly infringing content on the Site;
• In the event you believe that the content in question infringes your rights): A brief statement specifying the rights you assert, and why the content in question infringes your rights;
• In the event you believe that the content in question is otherwise unlawful): A statement specifying in detail which laws you believe are being breached, and why the Specified Content does so;
When I receive a notice that complies with the above requirements, I will evaluate the information you provided (including, if appropriate, forwarding the notice to, or otherwise contacting the source of the content in question), and if appropriate in our judgment, remove or disable access to the content in question. In such case, I may notify the source of the content in question of your complaint and our action taken. In some cases, if the source of the content in question provides us with information indicating that the content in question should not have been removed, I may reinstate the content in question